|Submission: General Information||Details of Some Categories|
|Call for Papers||Invited Sessions & Invited Open Tracks|
|Important Dates||List of Open Invited Tracks|
|Submit a Contribution||Demonstrator Papers|
|Call for Workshops & Tutorials||Dissemination Papers|
Call for Workshops and Tutorials
The workshop and tutorial sessions at IFAC World Congress 2023 will take place on Saturday, July 8 and Sunday, July 9, 2023.
The IFAC World Congress will offer half-day, full-day, or two-day workshops and tutorials. Organizers are invited to prepare proposals with a clear focus on new and emerging topics within the general scope of automatic control. It is desirable that the workshops and tutorials are interactive, creating an engaging atmosphere for the participants. The organizers are also asked to make the events diverse and inclusive for people with different backgrounds and expertise.
The proposals for tutorials and workshops should be concise and must be limited to 6 pages in PDF format. There is no specific template but it should include the following items:
- Type and duration: Specify whether the proposal is for a workshop or a tutorial and whether the event is half-day, full-day, or two-day.
- Title of the workshop/tutorial
- Organizers: Provide the name, affiliation, address, email address for each organizer, and indicate which organizer is the main contact.
- Outline of the workshop/tutorial (topics and description): Please provide a short description of the proposed event in one paragraph (300 words maximum).
- Description of the intended audience and the expected outcome of their learning. Please include the desired prerequisite knowledge of the audience.
- Tentative schedule of the event
- Brief biographies of the confirmed speakers
- It is important to include statements addressing why the workshop/tutorial is important and timely, how it is relevant to the IFAC World Congress, why the speakers are qualified for a high-quality introduction of the topic, and how the organizers made efforts to have speakers from a diversity of demographics, geographic locations, and career stages.
- If a related workshop/tutorial was given before, describe when and where it was given and how it will be updated for the IFAC World Congress 2023. If possible, provide a link to slides of the previous presentation.
- It is advisable for the organizers to create some web page of their own that helps to advertise the workshop/tutorial once the proposal is accepted.
- If there are fewer than 10 preregistered participants, the tutorial/workshop will be canceled.
- Indicate additional equipment if needed. A computer projector, screen, audio equipment (microphone and speaker) will be provided.
Submission of workshop/tutorial proposals should be made using the ifac.papercept.net site. Detailed information can be found in the submission procedure page.
For further information regarding workshops and tutorials, please contact us via the following email address: