[Important] Participation in Opening Ceremony
Dear Participants of IFAC World Congress 2023
We are highly honored that His Majesty the Emperor of Japan will attend the upcoming Opening Ceremony of the 22nd IFAC World Congress on July 9th. We would like to inform you about some important security measures for the Opening Ceremony. We kindly ask for your cooperation and attention to the following points:
(1) During the check-in at the Registration Desk (on 2nd floor of the Conference Center), a passport (or an equivalent photo ID for Japanese residents) will be required for the issuance of the name tag. Please make sure to bring your passport with you.
(2) Only participants with name tags that have been verified will be allowed entry into the opening ceremony venue (the National Convention Hall of Yokohama). Additionally, there will be a separate identity verification process at the entrance. Please ensure that all accompanying individuals, including children, receive their name tags and bring their passports.
(3) Please note that you are not allowed to bring any luggage into the Opening Ceremony venue. Please check in your belongings at the cloakroom on the 1st floor of the Conference Center (where the Registration Desk is) in advance.
(4) Due to security reasons, the entrance to the Opening Ceremony venue will close around 17:15. If you are unable to arrive before this time, we kindly ask you to watch the event through the live broadcast at the relay venue (1st floor, Main Hall of the Conference Center). Please note that there will be security inspections, including metal detectors, upon entry, which may cause congestion. The doors will open at 16:15, so we kindly request you to arrive early.
(5) Once you enter the Opening Ceremony venue, you will not be able to exit the hall between 17:35 and 18:35. If you are bringing small children, please consider watching the event at the relay venue (1st floor, Main Hall of the Conference Center).
(6) No photo nor video recording is permitted during the opening ceremony.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation in adhering to these security measures. We hope you have a wonderful time at the IFAC World Congress 2023.
General Chair, the 22th IFAC World Congress