MATHWORKS MINIDRONE COMPETITION
IFAC World Congress 2023 | Yokohoma, Japan
Minidrone Competition Organizers and Contact
For questions about the competition, please send an e-mail to email@example.com Learn how to develop an autonomous Minidrone line follower and develop key skills like Model-Based Design relevant to the industry – all while having fun using drones! This competition is hosted by MathWorks, makers of MATLAB and Simulink, at IFAC WC 2023.
Get an introduction to Model-Based Design while challenging your peers. You will design a line follower algorithm using Simulink and learn how to model, simulate, and fly a Minidrone.
- Competition Audience: Industry and academia worldwide
- Team strength: 2-4 members including team captain
Teams will be provided with Complimentary MathWorks Software to work on the problem statement.
Round 1| Simulation
Develop path planning, image processing, and control systems for a Minidrone line follower in simulations
Round 2| Deployment
Deploy algorithms designed during the simulation round to a Parrot Mambo Minidrone provided to the teams by the organizers on the final event day.
Get Ready to Fly:
- Apply to receive all the competition materials.
- Watch the MathWorks Minidrone Competition Video Series to better understand the competition details.
- Review the competition rules and guidelines.
- Complete MATLAB Onramp, Simulink Onramp, and Stateflow Onramp courses before starting to work on your algorithm.